GSX 2022 Call for Presentations
Share your expertise with the global security profession!
12-14 September 2022
Georgia World Congress Center, Atlanta and Digital
GSX 2022 is an inclusive opportunity for ASIS International members in the global security community to connect in engaging learning experiences designed to address the biggest trends and challenges in security.
ASIS International seeks proposals from security professionals that reflect the most significant, innovative, and high-quality thinking in security management. The professional expertise and experience of those who submit a proposal(s) are integral to delivering a robust education program that continues to shape the security management profession year after year. To deliver high-quality sessions that reflect the best security management concepts, knowledge, and practice, preference will be given to proposals that consider the following:
Global security practitioners at the management and senior/executive levels across the spectrum of security, managing risk, active threats, cybersecurity, loss prevention, and more in both private and public sectors.
PROCESS AND CRITERIA
A solid practice that widely solicits proposals from security professionals and requests valuable input from peers, volunteer leaders, and professional staff is intended to help ASIS International ensure members of the security management community are represented in the content created for security professionals at GSX.
Online Review Committee: Selected through an open call to ASIS members and future members, ASIS expert subject matter Reviewers anonymously evaluate proposals received within their area(s) of expertise using the following criteria:
- Learning outcomes
- Audience engagement and interaction
- Benchmark/Best Practice
GSX Selection Committee: A diverse conference advisory committee identifies potential content gaps from the submissions received and further evaluates the Online Review Committee’s highest-rated proposals. Given the high number of proposals received each year, additional review and dialogue is necessary to guarantee a variety of speakers, perspectives, and content that is timely, relevant, targeted, and of the highest quality.
ASIS International Staff: With a history of providing highly relevant GSX content, key ASIS International staff members offer additional feedback on program design to ensure sessions are strategically aligned and include a balance of content, perspective, and feedback received.
PROPOSAL REQUIREMENTS AND SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Given the length of the application, it is recommended to first collect your thoughts for the proposal prior to completing the online form. All proposals (limit 2) must be submitted using the online form only. To confirm a complete proposal is submitted, please note the following proposal requirements:
- Session title (clear and concise with a limit 15 words)
- Abstract (limit 115 words)
- At least 2 action-oriented learning objectives (limit 50 words each)
- Topic of focus (limit 2)
- Delivery method (Face-to-Face, Pre-recorded or Live Virtual Presentation)
- Session structure (Case Study, Simulation, Lecture, etc.)
- Preferred session length
- Target audience and experience level
- Globally focused (session content is applicable to one or more continents)
- Industry application
- Information for all proposed presentation Speakers (limit 4), to include:
- Contact information
- Speaking references
- Topic qualification
- Career stage
ASIS International strives to conduct an equitable review process. To this point, please note the following guidelines:
- Proposals should not reference speaker name(s) or company(ies) in the title, abstract, or learning objectives
- Commercially biased content should not be submitted
- Proposals should be neutral and educational in nature
- Accepted Speakers should be committed, responsive, and adhere to deadlines
- Content submitted should be original and not previously presented
- All accepted Speakers must register at the reduced Speaker rate and be responsible for all travel costs
ONLINE SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
- Click “Continue to Application” at the bottom of the page to access the online proposal form and begin entering requested information.
- To save your work to come back to continue, please send yourself an email and pick up where you left off. See box on right hand side of the page for this option.
- Once you hit the Submit Application button, your proposal has been submitted and you WILL NOT be able to make changes.
- If you are submitting multiple proposals, you will have to re-enter all your data.
- The primary point of contact is the individual who submits the proposal and will be the one with whom ASIS International communicates regarding notifications and deadlines.
- Upon successful submission, the individual who submitted the proposal will receive an email confirmation.
- Call for Proposals Opens: 13 December 2021
- Call for Proposals Closes: 1 February 2022
- Online Review Committee Review Process Opens: 11 February 2022
- Online Review Committee Review Process Closes: 28 February 2022
- GSX Selection Committee Review Process Opens: Early March
- GSX Selection Committee Review Process Closes: Mid-March
- Session Notification Invitations Sent: Late March
- Final Session Handouts Due/Uploaded: 5 September 2022
- GSX 2022: 12-14 September 2022
Thank you for your willingness to share your time, expertise, and leadership with the global security community!